El Camino Reelers
Location: Palo Alto, CA USA
History: Started by Marilyn Martinyak and Pat Dixon as an alternative to the gay square dance clubs located an hour away in San Francisco. Due to its location, the club is well-known as a "geek repository", boasting members employed by Adobe, Sun, Google, and Yahoo.
Classes: A combined Mainstream-Plus class is taught once yearly, generally starting in late August or early September, and finishing up the following April or May.
Club Caller[s]: Rich Reel
Dance Location[s]: St. Andrews Methodist Church / 4111 Alma Street / Palo Alto, CA (map)
- "Slide Thru Silicon Valley: ECR@25”, April 2-4, 2009 in San Jose, CA
- "Stetsons To Jetsons", January 7-9, 2000 in Palo Alto, CA
- "Shakedown Along The Fault", October 3-5, 1997 in Redwood City, CA (West Coast A&C Weekend)
- “Download the Boat” (Date and location needed)
- “Summer of Love” (Date and location needed)