Alan Kroll is the editor for this section.
Each year--generally centered around a holiday weekend such as 4th of July, Memorial Day, or Easter--the IAGSDC stages a square dance convention for its members and friends. Although considered a GLBT event, as time has passed and both the gay and straight square dance communities have aged, increasing numbers of GLBT-friendly straight dancers have attended.
IAGSDC Conventions are planned out roughly five years in advance, and are "bid" on by different IAGSDC clubs. (See Convention Bid Process.)
There are many traditions celebrated and activities staged at each Convention.
Conventions have been held annually since 1984.
- Anniversary Fly-Ins
- Crossfire (Chicago, IL)
- Load The Boat (Cleveland, OH)
- Pass the Ocean, Hon! (Rehoboth Beach, DE)
- Pass the Sea (San Diego, CA)
- ACDC (East Coast A&C Fly-In)
- West Coast A&C Weekend (Various locations)
- Peel Off (men's clothing-optional square dance weekends)