- ??? Foggy City Dancers founded.
- February 3, 1980: Miami Mustangs (later, "South Florida Mustangs" organized for the purpose of reinstituting and perpetuating "the unique art form of Arky( (of the same sex) Square Dancing."
- November: Skip Barrett starts holding square dance classes at Dreamland in San Francisco, CA.
- September: Foggy City Squares starts. (Exact date unavailable.)
- July 30 - August 1, 1982: Reno Gay Rodeo held, at which the concept of a national gay dance organization (including square dancing, clogging, and other forms of C&W dance) is discussed. (program cover at http://gayrodeohistory.org/1982/ProgramReno.htm)
- March 5, 1982: Five dancers run Western Star Dancers' first drop-in square-dance evening in the second-floor rehearsal space above American Conservatory Theatre on Geary Street in San Francisco, CA.
- ??? 1982-1983 ??? Puddletown Dancers is founded.
- November 12-14, 1982: Charlie's (Country & Western Bar) in Denver, CO hosts the "First National Gay Square Dance Exhibition". Only five out-of-town dancers show up, all from San Francisco (Alan Hall, Paul Zimmerman, Jack Kendrick, Russ King, and Scott Carey). Dave "Happy" New Year called the weekend.
- August, 1983: Western Star Dancers hits 100 members.
- February 12-13, 1983: South Florida Mustangs host a weekend of square dancing and touring the local area. (The first Gay Square Dancing fly-in!) Clubs represented by visiting dancers included Puddletown Squares from Seattle, WA, Mile-High Squares from Denver, CO, Western Star Square dancers from San Francisco, CA, and individual dancers from Islip, NY and Prospect, CT.
- August, 1983: At the Reno Gay Rodeo, discussions are held about forming a national association specifically for gay square dance clubs.
- September 10, 1983: First monthly communication from Harlan Kerr, chairman of the newly-formed National Association of Gay Square Dance Clubs (NAGSDC), outlining the proposed bylaws.
- November, 1983: Harlan Kerr sends a letter to clubs all over the country asking them to join the National Association of Gay Square Dance Clubs.
- ??? 1983: Harlan Kerr sends out a letter to the NAGSDC asking to extend membership to the following clubs: (Source: Ten Years IAGSDC)
- Wilde Bunch—Albuquerque, NM
- Capital City Squares—Sacramento, CA
- Midnight Squares—San Francisco, CA
- Sundancers (New Years’ Resolutions)—Palm Springs
- Lambda Squares—Washington, DC
- Rosetown Ramblers—Portland, OR
- New Year’s Resolutions—Palm Springs
- John Barley Square Dancers—Vancouver, BC, Canada
- ...and asking the following clubs to become associate members:
- Foggy City Squares—San Francisco, CA
- Fistful of Crinolines—Seattle, WA
- April 6-8, 1984: All Join Hands - The First Gay Square Dance Convention - held at the Madison Hotel in Seattle, WA.
- UNDATED: El Camino Reelers Started by Marilyn Martinyak and Pat Dixon as an alternative to the gay square dance clubs located an hour away in San Francisco.
- May 25-27, 1985: Promenade Along The Rockies - held at The Executive Tower Hotel in Denver, CO.
- ??? 1986: Star Thru The Golden Gate - held at The Sheraton Palace Hotel in San Francisco, CA.
- ??? 1987: Explode The Rose - held at the Hilton Hotel, Downtown in Portland, OR.
- ??? 1988: Cross Trails In The Desert - held at the Sheraton Scottsdale Resort in Scottsdale (Phoenix), AZ.
- ??? 1989: Peel The Apple - held at the Sheraton City Centre in New York, NY.
- Apr. 12-15, 1990: Northstar Promenade - held at the Hotel Vancouver in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Oct. 5-7, 1990: West Coast A&C "Something New" - held in Seattle, WA.
- ??? 1991: Cast A Shadow In The Sun - held at The Fountainebleau Hilton in Miami Beach, FL.
- Oct. 11-13, 1991: West Coast A&C "Make Magic in San Francisco" - held in San Francisco, CA.
- July 3-5, 1992: Diamonds In The Desert - held at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, 330 Tijeras NW; Albuquerque Convention Center; La Posada Hotel (trail-in dance and overflow), Albuquerque, NM.
- Oct. 2-4, 1992: West Coast A&C "Perk Up in Vancouver" - held in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- July 1993: Remake The Circle - held at the University of Washington in Seattle, WA.
- Oct. 1-3, 1993: West Coast A&C "Change Lanes to Portland" - held in Portland, OR.
- ??? 1994: Stars & Squares Forever - held at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, DC.
- Oct. 7-9, 1994: West Coast A&C "Tahoe Tally Ho!" - held in Lake Tahoe, CA.
- May 26-29, 1995: Track II Chicago held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Chicago, IL.
- Oct. 13-15, 1995: West Coast A&C "Run Wild" - held in Seattle, WA.
- ??? 1996: Stars, Thars & Cable Cars - held at the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero in San Francisco, CA.
- Sept. 27-29, 1996: West Coast A&C "Go Half Crazy in Arizona" - held in Tempe, AZ.
- July 11-13, 1997: Wheel & Deal - held at the Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV.
- July 2-5, 1998: Weave The Rose - held at the Doubletree Hotel in Portland, OR.
- July 1-4, 1999: Lights, Camera, Linear Action held at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles, CA.
- June 30-July 3, 2000: Crack The Crab - held at the Hyatt Regency & Sheraton Inner Harbor in Baltimore, MD.
- April 12-15, 2001: Make Magic - held at the Westin Bayshore Hotel & Resort in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- July 4-7, 2002: Cloverleafs & Maple Leafs - held at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel in Toronto, ON, Canada.
- July 3-6, 2003: Anchors Aweigh With a Half-Sashay - held at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina in San Diego, CA.
- July 1-5, 2004: Remake The Heatwave - held at the Arizona Biltmore Resort in Phoenix, AZ.
- July 1-4, 2005: Star Thru The Silicon Galaxy - held at the Marriott Santa Clara, CA.
- June 30-July 3, 2006: Wish Upon A Thar - held at the Anaheim Marriott in Anaheim, CA.
- May 24-28, 2007: Red Rocks and Purple Mountains - held at the Hyatt Regency at Denver Convention Center in Denver, CO.
- July 3-6, 2008: Touch A Quarter Century - held at the Renaissance Cleveland Hotel in Cleveland, OH.
- April 9-12, 2009: DC Diamond Circulate - held at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC.
- July 1-4, 2010: Chi-Town Shakedown - held at the Hilton Chicago in Chicago, IL.
- July 1-4, 2011: Gone With The Windmill - held at the Marriott Marquis in Atlanta, GA.
- June 29-July 2, 2012: Dance Up A Storm - held at the Hyatt Regency in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- To be held July 4-7, 2013: Weave Your Heart in San Francisco - San Francisco Marriott Marquis in San Francisco, CA.