Golden Boot 2007
Golden Boot 2007 - Scott Philips
presentation at Red Rocks and Purple Mountains by All Join Hands Foundation
The Golden Boot Award is our way of recognizing special, lasting, or significant contributions to the gay & lesbian square dance community. But many people don't know that the Golden Boot is not an "official" IAGSDC award. There is no formal selection process or criteria for choosing the recipient. The Boot is passed on each year from one recipient to the next.
Last year in Anaheim, Seth Levine passed the Golden Boot award on to All Join Hands Foundation. This is only the second time since the Golden Boot was formed, that this award was presented to an organization with South Florida Mustangs being the other club-organization We thank Seth for recognizing our efforts of creating a 501c3 organization that accepts tax deductible donations and gives 100% of the money back to our passion -- square dancing.
Over the past year, we have been looking high and low through this group of people for a special person that is involved at the local, national and international level of gay and straight dancing.
We feel that this person we have selected to receive the Golden Boot this year is well known to all of you.
- Is a dancer, and has been dancing 18 years
- Has Attended 17 conventions only missing one, as per our Stepmother Hawes
- Has Is an officer and founder of a club
- Has Served as a convention co-chair
- Has Served as a co-chair for an A&C weekend
- Has Served as Vice Chair of the IAGSDC not once but twice
- Has Served as Secretary of the IAGSDC not once but twice
- Volunteers for organizations involved in square dancing with the straight community
It gives us great pride and pleasure to present the 2007 Golden Boot award to MR. SCOTT PHILIPS.
It is the custom of the outgoing Golden Boot recipient to bestow a token of appreciation on the new Golden Boot Award winner. All Join Hands has chosen to acknowledge Scott's achievements with the following:
- A 2007 Golden Boot Dangle
- Greg Wilson worked on getting a sterling silver engraved Tiffany dog tag identifying Scott as the 2007 Golden Boot award winner, as well as acknowledging his "butch-ness." He'll be easily identifiable in the most difficult of situations wearing this !!
- All Greg asks for is the Tiffany Box!, and
- Gary Dougan had the project of a crystal desk award with the following inscription: "All Join Hands presents Scott Philips with the 2007 Golden Boot Award; For your dedication, spirit and enthusiasm in the presentation of GLBT square dancing. May 26, 2007. YELLOW ROCKS"
In addition, Randy Clarke added Scott's name to the perpetual plaque of Golden Boot recipients.