Andy Shore's official web page can be found at andyshore.com
Andy began square dancing as a member of El Camino Reelers 3rd square dance class in the fall of 1986, and attended his first IAGSDC convention Explode The Rose in 1987. Shortly thereafter, he was invited to join the Gold Rush performance team based in San Francisco.
By 1989, Andy had tried calling some singing calls for Gold Rush and at club record nights for El Camino Reelers and Foggy City Dancers. Andy attended the first GCA Caller School in New York in 1989, and called his first convention "tip" at Peel the Apple in New York.
In 1991, Andy became club caller for El Camino Reelers in Palo Alto, CA., and taught Basic, Mainstream, and Plus classes for them until he moved away in 2004. In 1992, Andy started teaching Basic and Mainstream for Foggy City Dancers in San Francisco, again serving in that role until 2004. Andy also taught Advanced and C1 classes for El Camino Reelers and Midnight Squares. Andy has been on staff of 5 IAGSDC conventions: Diamonds In The Desert Albuquerque 1992, Stars, Thars & Cable Cars SF 1996, Anchors Aweigh With a Half-Sashay San Diego 2003, Remake The Heatwave Phoenix 2004, and Star Thru The Silicon Galaxy Santa Clara 2005.
Andy is a member of CALLERLAB and is a past president of the Gay Callers Association.
In 2002, Andy received the Golden Boot Award from Betsy Gotta, and in 2003 he passed it on to Rick Hawes.
A partial list of Fly-Ins and events Andy has called for:
- South Florida Mustangs Fly-In 199?
- Seattle Geoduck Fly-In (with Ett McAtee) 199?
- San Antonio Fly-In (with Mike Desisto) 199?
- El Camino Reelers Slide Thru Silicon Valley 1995 (with Mike Jacobs and Deborah Parnell)
- San Diego 1996
- Peel Off in the Sierras 1996 (with Paul Waters)
- Tin and Aluminium, Vancouver 1997 (with Ray Brendzy)
- Peel Off in Palm Springs 1997 (with Ron Mascar)
- Grand Rapids 1998
- USA West, SF, 1998
- Stumptown Stomp, Guerneville, 4/1999 (with Eric Henerlau)
- CA State Convention, Sacramento, 1999
- ASDSC, Grass Valley CA, 1999
- Load the Boat, Cleveland, 1999 (with Don St. Jean)
- 49th Nationals, Baltimore 6/2000
- Detroit Fly-In, 2000
- Harper's Ferry Hoedown, 2000 (with Betsy Gotta and Warren Jacquith)
- Pass the Sea, San Diego, 2001
- 50th Nationals, Anaheim 6/2001
- Carolina Moondance 2001
- Scares & Squares, Portland, 2001 (with Anne Uebelacker and Sandie Bryant)
- CA State Convention, Ventura, 2002
- Peel Off in Palm Springs, 2002 (with Bill Eyler)
- 51st Nationals, St. Paul, 2002
- GCA Caller School staff, Toronto, 2002
- CA state fair, 2002
- Zoom to the Beach, Long Beach, 2002 (with Anne Uebelacker and Betsy Gotta)
- CA State Convention, Long Beach, 2003
- GCA Caller School staff, San Diego, 2003
- Rhythm Records Caller School staff, 7/2003
- Bloomin' Squares, 7/2003
- Foggy City Dancers Fly-In, 9/2003 (with Pat Carnathan and Michael Kellogg)
- Load the Boat, Cleveland, 10/2003 (with Bill Eyler)
- Hotlanta Fly-In, 1/2004 (with Gary Monday and JR St. Jean)
- CA State Convention, Sacramento, 4/2004
- Peel Off in Palm Springs, 5/2004
- 53rd Nationals, Denver, 6/2004
- Denver Gay Pride, 6/2004 (with Bill Eyler)
- Scares & Squares, Portland, 10/2004 (with Deborah Carroll-Jones)
- Swing Thru AZ, Phoenix, 1/2005 (with Bill Eyler)
- Pass the Sea, San Diego, 4/2005 (with Tim Crawford and Marty Dee)
- Grand Rapids, 4/2004 (with Gary Monday)
- Pass the Ocean Hon, Rehoboth, 4/2005 (with Mike Jacobs, Betsy Gotta, and Dayle Hodge)
- 54th Nationals, Portland 6/2005
- 55th Nationals, San Antonio, 6/2006
- New England Caller School staff, 10/2006 (with Ken Rittucci and Ed Foote)
- Peel The Pumpkin, 10/2006 (with Betsy Gotta and Tom Miller)
- SCVSDA Jubilee, 10/2007
- Rain Festival, Seattle, 2008
- Stumptown Stomp, Guerneville, 4/2008 (with Tim Crawford)
- Philadelphia Fly-In, Poconoes, 2008 (with Anne Uebelacker and Dayle Hodge)
- Make Waves for Ducklings, Boston Uncommons Fly-In, 9/2008 (with Sandie Bryant)
- Harvest Festival Hoedown, 2008 (wht Anne Uebelacker, Ett McAtee and Dayle Hodge)
- 58th Nationals, Long Beach, 6/2009
Andy also calls contra dances in South Florida, and around the country for various queer contra groups.