El Camino Reelers
Location: Palo Alto, CA USA
History: Started by Marilyn Martinyak and Pat Dixon as an alternative to the gay square dance clubs located an hour away in San Francisco. Due to its location, the club is well-known as a "geek repository", boasting members employed by Adobe, Sun, Google, and Yahoo.
Classes: A combined Mainstream-Plus class is taught once yearly, generally starting in late August or early September, and finishing up the following April or May.
Club Caller[s]: Rich Reel
Dance Location[s]: St. Andrews United Methodist Church / 4111 Alma Street / Palo Alto, CA (map)
- "Slide Thru Silicon Valley: ECR@25”, April 2-4, 2010, Holiday Inn, San Jose (Saundra Bryant, Michael Kellogg, Andy Shore, Rich Reel, Harlan Kerr)
- “Download the Boat” (Vic Ceder and Michael Kellogg, September 6, 7, 8, 2002, Cupertino High School, Cupertino
- “Summer of Love” (Anne Uebelacker and Neil Heather, July 5-7, 2001, Palo Alto High School, Palo Alto)
- "Stetsons To Jetsons" (Saundra Bryant and Andy Finch, January 7-9, 2000, St. Andrews and Cubberley Community Center, Palo Alto)
- "Shakedown Along The Fault" (West Coast A&C Weekend), October 3-5, 1997, Mt. Alverno Confrence Center in Redwood City, CA (Vic Ceder, Kiyoshi Kikuchi, John Sybalsky, Anne Uebelacker, Rob French, and C.J. Smith)
- "Slide Thru Silicon Valley", June 30 - July 3, 1995, Cubberley Community Center, Palo Alto, CA