El Camino Reelers
Web Site: http://www.reelers.org
History: Started by Marilyn Martinyak and Pat Dixon as an alternative to the gay square dance clubs located an hour away in San Francisco. Due to its location, the club is well-known as a "geek repository", boasting members employed by Adobe, Sun, Google, and Yahoo.
Classes: A combined Mainstream-Plus class is taught once yearly, generally starting in late August or early September, and finishing up the following April or May. Advanced classes are taught periodically.
Club Caller[s]: Rich Reel
Dance Location[s]: St. Andrews United Methodist Church / 4111 Alma Street / Palo Alto, CA (map)
- Cubberley Community Center, Palo Alto, CA--Callers: Mike Jacobs, Andy Shore, Deborah Parnell, John Sybalsky
- Mount Alverno Confrence Center, Redwood City, CA--Callers: Vic Ceder, Kiyoshi Kikuchi, John Sybalsky, Anne Uebelacker, Rob French, and CJ Smith
- "Slide Thru Silicon Valley: From Stetsons To Jetsons" January 7-9, 2000
- St. Andrews Methodist Church and Cubberley Community Center, Palo Alto, CA--Callers: Vic Ceder and Andy Finch
- Holiday Inn, San Jose, CA--Callers: Sandie Bryant, Michael Kellogg, Andy Shore, Rich Reel, Harlan Kerr
- 1996: "Stars, Thars and Cable Cars", July 3-6, 1996 in San Francisco, CA (Embarcadero Hyatt) (Co-hosted with Foggy City Dancers and Western Star Dancers)
- 2005: "Star Thru The Silicon Galaxy", July 1-4, 2005 in Santa Clara, CA (Santa Clara Marriott)
- Marilyn Martinyak, IAGSDC Chair, ??-??
- Mary Rorabaugh, IAGSDC Treasurer 1991-2?
- Randy Clarke, IAGSDC Vice Chair, 1994-5
- Andy Shore, Gay Callers Association President, ??-??
- Mary Gold, Alotta Gelotta, and Patsy Sue Veneer, Honky Tonk Queen, 2001
- Andy Shore, Golden Boot Award Golden Boot 2002
- Gypsum Rock Lee, Honky Tonk Queen, 2003
- Julie Dubbs, ECR club administrator - 19??, named plaintiff in landmark gay rights case 
On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Ed Wilson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
A couple of years ago, a group of El Camino Reelers had the opportunity to dance on “Square Dance Live”, a program on that airs on several local community cable channels. The caller was Mike Luna, one of ECR’s earliest callers. Mike produces the show with his buddy Charlie Class, the announcer. They recorded us for two segments, close to an hour altogether. For us it was totally unscripted; we just went in and did it.
We were promised copies of the show and they finally arrived this week. Fooling around with the DVD this morning, I decided to see if I could take one singing call and upload it to YouTube at http://youtu.be/7HM8FUUzN_8.