History: Puddletown started in 1982 by Art Smith. Until 2010, was part of an umbrella organization, Puddletown Dancers. The member clubs were by level: Puddletown Squares - Mainstream. Emerald City Squares - Plus, Doppler Dancers - Advanced, BOQ - Challenge. Emerald City Squares rolled back into Puddletown Squares in 1987, Doppler Dancers rolled back in 1990, BOQ rolled back in 2011.
- From the Program Book for the 1st IAGSDC Convention, held in Seattle in 1984:
- The dream of a square dance group in Seattle came from the excitement and comaraderie of the 1982 National Gay rodeo. Harvey Muggy had agreed to let us use the Eastlake East Tavern dance floor, and on October 13, 1982, Gay Square Dancing came to Seattle.
- As the clock ticked away and the time got closer to the starting hour, the excitement grew. (That first evening) The organizing committee of five were setting up and helping the traditional caller, Sheri Nevins and her three piece band set up. People began arriving, and by 7:15PM about 12 people had arrived. We were all a little nervous, not knowing what to expect. At 7:30PM the fiddles started playing and Sheri started her introductions to 57 people. By the end of the evening the excitement was at fever pitch...we had done it, we all had done itl Even though we had no name at that time, Puddletown Squares was born.
- We stayed at the Eastlake East for three weeks, with a different caller each night. With 118 people coming that third night we were busting at the seams. We realized that all the other gay clubs around the country were dancing Modern Western Square Dancing and to be compatible, we had to move away from our traditional start. We can never thank Sheri Nevins and her band enough for the love and support that they all gave to us. During the last night there, a local caller named Walt Cavanaugh was invited and sat on the side lines and watched what we were doing. Walt had answered an ad placed in the Seattle Times. It took a lot of the right stuff for a straight man to agree to embark on the task of teaching and calling to a gay square dance group.
- The next week we moved to the Odd Fellows hall and had an attendance of 138 people. That week we also had the pleasure of having Walt call for us the first time. One week did it at the Odd Fellows and we had outgrown it. The next week we moved again, this time to our permanent new home, Pilgrim Congregational Church. The church had agreed to rent us the hall with a 11-1 board vote. That first evening at the church, we were greeted and welcomed by the church minister. Our Modern Western Square Dance classes had started.
- On January 22, 1983, a group of about 40 of us went down to Portland to help kickoff their new square dance group. Gay square dancing in the Northwest was here to stay.
- By Rodeo time 1983, Puddletown Squares had: graduated two classes with the combined total of 157 people into Mainstream Square Dancing; became a non-profit corporation, and through elections chosen a nine person board; drawn up and approved club bylaws; purchased and paid for a sound system and square dance records; was on sound financial footing, and had created a lot of fun, entertainment and fellowship.
Levels: Basic thru C-2
Dance Location[s]: Pilgrim Church (formerly) on Capitol Hill, The Timberline (now gone), St. Andrews, Mount Baker Park Presbyterian, Tibbets, The Garden House
Web site: 
|Year||Date||Name||Theme||Caller 1||Caller 2||Location||Co-Chair 1||Co-Chair 2||Co-Chair 3|
|2016||March 11-13||Rain Festival||...||Anne Uebelacker||John Marshall||Gary Monday||Miller Community Center||Dinah Hartley||Susan Weil|
|2015||March 13-15||Rain Festival||...||Anne Uebelacker||Dayle Hodge||...||...||...|
|2014||March 7-9||Rain Festival||...||Vic Ceder||Saundra Bryant||Miller Community Center||Ben Bryson||Teresa Van de ven|
|2013||March 8-10||Rain Festival||Cross-Over the Rainbow||Barry Clasper||Anne Uebelacker||Miller Community Center||Ginger R||Ben B|
|2011||March 11-13||Rain Festival||Slip n Slide||Sandie Bryant||Anne Uebelacker||Miller Community Center||Ginger R||Chris S|
|2010||March 5-7||Rain Festival||Forbidden Island||Mike DeSisto||Anne Uebelacker||Miller Community Center||Troy Johnson||Mark Mendelow|
|2009||March 13-15||Rain Festival||Anne Uebelacker||Michael Kellogg||Mt. Baker Park Presbyterian Church|
|2008||March 7-9||Rain Festival||Down By The Riverside||Andy Shore||Darren Gallina||Renton Community Center||Ross Crawshaw-Lopton (moved)||Jim Ferguson||Keith Gehrig|
|2007||Oct 26-28||Halloween Fly-in 3||Anne Uebelacker||Scott Zinser||Phinney Comm. Ctr / St. Andrews / Tibbets||Troy Johnson|
|2007||March 9-11||Rain Festival||Swingin' In The Rain||Mike DeSisto||Anne Uebelacker||Mt. Baker Park Presbyterian Church|
|2006||Oct 27-29||Halloween Fly-in 2||Ride of the Masked Caller||Bill Eyler||Stephen Cole||St. Andrews / Mt Baker Park|
|2006||March 10-12||Rain Festival||And Your Little Dog Too!||Sandie Bryant||Stephen Cole||Miller Community Center||Justin Crawshaw Lopton||Ross Crawshaw-Lopton|
|2005||29-Oct||Halloween Dance||Anne Uebelacker||St. Andrews Episcopal||Troy Johnson|
|2005||March 11-13||Rain Festival||Wet Dreams||Mike DeSisto||Sandie Bryant|
|2004||March 12-14||Rain Festival||Revenge of Geoduck||Mike DeSisto||Anne Uebelacker||Miller Community Center||Justin Crawshaw-Lopton||Keith Gehrig|
|2003||April 11-13||Rain Festival||Rain Festival Returns||Anne Uebelacker||Sandie Bryant||Miller Community Center / University Heights Center||Keith Gehrig||Justin Crawshaw-Lopton|
|2001||Aug 24-26||Spin The Needle||Vic Ceder||Ray Brendzy||Miller Community Center||Lyle Boss|
|2000||Aug||Spin The Needle||Vic Ceder||Gaylen Sauve||Miller Community Center||Kelley Wilt|
|1999||Aug 27-29||Spin The Needle||Mike DeSisto||Anne Uebelacker||Sunset Hill Community Center||Chris Vance (d)|
|1998||Aug 21-23||Geoduck||Mike DeSisto||Anne Uebelacker||Greenwood Senior Center||Thomas|
|1997||Aug||Geoduck||Mike DeSisto||Anne Uebelacker||Russian Center||Thomas|
|1990||Feb||Rain Festival||Pilgrim Church / Timberline|
Advanced & Challenge Weekend Hosted
BOQ 1990, Oct. 5-7 "Something New" (The First one!)
BOQ 1995, Oct. 13-15 "Run Wild)
BOQ 2005, Oct. 7-9 "Shake & Rattle in Seattle"
Puddletown 2013, Oct. 11-13 "Fiddle Around"
In Memoriam: (Last updated 11/23/2013 by Keith Gehrig)
No badges were added at the Atlanta convention in 2011. (this is a first since we started Placing badges in 1984), No badges added at the Vancouver convention in 2012. No badges added at the San Francisco convention in 2013.
- Ailsa Sanford - not available - Badge placed 2010
- Prentice Haggen ("Bump") - 02/05/1993
- Kevin Petrow ("Thumper") - 03/30/1989
- Art Fairhall - Sept. 1988
- Ben Burnett - 06/15/1905
- Bill Depew - not available
- Bill Liddicoat - 12/21/1996
- Bill vanBrunt - not available
- Bob Farrell - not available
- Chris Vance - 07/01/2006
- Darren B. Gere - Feb. 1993
- David Miller - 12/11/1994
- Dawayne Goodburn - 08/17/1991
- Dennis Byers - not available
- Dennis Scott - 09/26/1995
- Don Hutt - July. 1995
- Don Lee - 02/16/1997
- Doug Lewis - 1993?
- Doug McPherson - 07/01/1991
- Frank Jones - 05/12/1991
- Gary A. Berdeen - 04/13/2006
- Gary Way - 09/01/1987
- Jeffrey Hyres - 07/23/2000
- Jeffrey Southwick - not available
- Jim Bailey - 06/14/1905
- Jim Goeres - 11/05/1988
- John Glasscock - 02/03/1988
- Kathy Mershimer - 10/17/1999
- Kip Newquist - not available
- Margaret Hulsey - 10/31/2001
- Mary Sacchetti - not available
- Maxcy Moon - 12/30/2005
- Michael Dundon - 11/05/1992
- Michael Graham - 05/13/1992
- Michael Lamb - 06/10/1905
- Paul Slane - 08/17/2006
- PJ Devino - 06/10/1905
- Richard Stiles - 02/29/2008 - badge placed 2010
- Ronn Talbot Pelley - 08/25/1996
- Rudy Gomez - 06/12/1905
- Steve Hitchcock - not available
- Steve Singsaas - not available
- Steven Parry - 01/01/2009
- Doris Smith - not available
- Todd Zwahl - 10/11/2001
- Tom Long - 04/27/2003
- Tracy Brown - not available
- Gus Gustafson ("William") - 07/26/2002