Section Editors Discussion Area
2010-07-19 Andy here - I've been thinking about other topics and areas we could include:
history of iagsdc and clubs online --
- the beginning of lgcwsd (contact Doug Sewell)
- who registered iagsdc.org & created the first website
- when did each club go online, start using email, etc.
- early mentions of gay square dancing on usenet - soc.motss, ba.motss and BML (the bears mailing list)
- early recruiting online - local BBS's?
Fun Badge Tours - can we get scans/photos of all the convention fun badge dangles over the years? To my knowledge the tour is unique to GLBT square dancing... is this true? If so, how did it come about?
Fistful of Crinoline, the She-Devils, the Rainbelles
History of IAGSDC/GCA at CALLERLAB conventions & in CALLERLAB
- Bob Belleville
- first Birds-of-a-feather sessions on calling for gay clubs
- first official mention of IAGSDC as a represented organization
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Andy Shore <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Howdy Michael, Allan, Pam & Karl,
I'm emailing you to start, but this would probably be better done in some sort of open forum. I know that Michael is the section editor for this but I've been kicking ideas around in my head.
Is there a good forum to discuss meta-issues around iagsdc wiki content? i.e., not what the content is, but what it could/should be? Is the "discussion" part of the wiki a place to do this? if not, where?
I scanned in several cloisonne pins from past conventions as a start to gathering some of the images and info for the wiki pages (I got inspired, what can I say) and that got me thinking that there should be some sort of "template" for the past convention wiki pages, much like Pam is creating for clubs.
Where can we flesh this out?
Below are just some of the fields that might be interesting. I think coming up with a template first, and then building on it and varying it where appropriate would be better than just doing each convention entry in an ad-hoc manner.
- Convention Title:
- Host hotel/venues:
- Convention committee title:
- Hosting club(s):
- Convention committee members:
- Calling staff:
- Sound staff:
- Vendor list:
- Fun Badge Tour stops:
- Pre/Post convention events & tours:
- scans of convention program/schedule/etc?
- IAGSDC officers:
- IAGSDC meeting notes: (new clubs, etc)
- Registration numbers:
- Attending clubs:
- HTQ winner (etc):
- Golden Boot recipient:
- 10 year medallion recipients:
- 20 year medallion recipients:
- "swag" (t-shirts, give-aways, etc.)
- dangles created for the convention...
- other ideas?
Obviously this information would have to be pulled from many places, but that's the point of it being a wiki :)
let me know what you think.