Gypsum Rock Lee
From IAGSDC HistoryJump to navigationJump to search
She's beautiful, she's elegant, she's prehistoric, she has a big bone, she's the modern stone-age Honky Tonk Queen.
Gypsum Rock Lee won the HTQ crown during the "Minsky's Burlesque" version of the HTQ contest. The proposed basic rules that night:
- Individual or duo contestants only. You may have a dresser (or fluffer) backstage, but no entourages or escorts will be permitted on stage.
- You do not need to prepare talent. Only 4 finalists will compete in that category and it will be provided for you.
- All contestants will have a brief opportunity to strut their stuff in the Grand Minsky's Burlesque Style. Please be tasteful....and Yummy...and IN THE THEME! Music will be provided, no need to bring your own.
- Five semi finalists will compete in 3 categories with one contestant being eliminated in each round.
- Don't understand the theme? Then rent "Gypsy" or "The Night They Raided Minsky's" (with Britt Ekland, Forrest Tucker, Elliot Gould and Bert Lahr) THEN bump and grind and squeeze your way into a Red, White & Blue 4th of July themed outfit that would make Gypsy Rose Lee Blush!
- Honky Tonk Queen 2003 website via archive.org