Just Ett, Hon!
Clubs & Associations
Ett McAtee is affectionately known as "Just Ett, Hon!" to many who know her, and as "Ettila the Hon!" to her new Plus, Advanced and Challenge graduates. She started square dancing on January 13, 1987 with Chesapeake Squares, and first picked up the microphone to call in the summer of 1989. She soon was a regular instructor and caller with both Chesapeake Squares and DC Lambda Squares. In addition to currently calling her own club, Ettseteras (C1), she also called for the Offsets (C2) and Fifth Wheelers (C3A/C3B) clubs in the past. Ett has called in Canada, Sweden, Germany and Japan, and calls various weekends around the country every year. She is a member of Washington DC's association of callers (NCASDLA), as well as of the Gay Caller's Association (GCA) and Callerlab, the international "club" of callers.
Ett's love of square dancing shows from either side of the microphone, as anyone who dances with and to her well knows. The idea of sharing a common language between dancers and callers appeals to her, especially on the international scene. When Ett says, "Square up!" she means it! Parlez vous square dance?
- lives in Maryland with partner Linda Kendall
- calls Basic thru C4
- calls and dances with DC Lambda Squares and Chesapeake Squares
- calls for the Ettseteras, Offsets, and Fifth Wheelers
- staff caller at IAGSDC conventions for:
- has called several convention Specialty Tips including Women's, Red Hat, LiveJournal
- is not unknown to audiences of the Honky Tonk Queen contest
- Ett's caller profile on ceder.net
- attended the first GCA Caller School in 1989
- helped organize the 1992-1994 schools
- served as a Teaching Assistant in 2007, 2008, 2010
- wrote chapter 1 of Ten Years IAGSDC: A Collection of Pages From Our Memory Book
- profiled in SquareUp! Magazine Issue 21
- 1996 | 10 Year Medallion at Stars, Thars & Cable Cars
- 2006 | 20 Year Medallion at Wish Upon A Thar
- 2011 | 25 Year Medallion at Gone With The Windmill
- 2016 | 30 Year Medallion at Maple Leafs Regroup
- Chesapeake Squares' website : accessed 06 Mar 2022