Crack The Crab
17th Annual IAGSDC convention
Dates: 30 Jun-03 Jul 2000
Host hotel/venues: Hyatt Regency & Sheraton Inner Harbor
Hosting club: Chesapeake Squares
Convention committee title:
Logo Design: Russell Cashdollar
- Barry Clasper
- Mike DeSisto
- Pete Diven
- Todd Fellegy
- Betsy Gotta
- Dayle Hodge
- Mike Jacobs
- Kris Jensen
- Linda Kendall
- Ben Rubright
- Anne Uebelacker
- Paul Waters
Fun Badge Tour stops and highlights:
Pre/Post convention events & tours:
Notable Notes and Highlights:
- Bill St. John and Stan Boyden's 50th anniversary
- First appearance of the Hunky Trunk King Contest. Won by John Pope's boyfriend Wayne.
- Crack The Crab followed the National Square Dance Convention, which was held in Baltimore the preceding week. This was the only time that the IAGSDC and the National 'straight' convention have been held in the same city in the same year.
- So that the hotel staff didn't know what was actually happening, the Moonshine Tip was renamed the Moonlight Cotillion and all participating dancers were given white gloves and a dance card. The idea for this came from Kirk Hurley.
Specialty Tips: (per convention program)
IAGSDC meeting notes: Bathing Beauties became affiliate members
Registration statistics: 1015
Newsletter: "The Crab Mallet"
- Convention website via archive.org
- SquareUp! issues 21, 22